Now we are very soon reaching the holidays, and it's time to slow down. You might spend a lot of time with your family and friends, but try to make some room for creating as well. Time to draw and reconnect with yourself. To draw in realignment with your inner space is a kind of spiritual praxis. You will see that when you invest some time to be present with yourself, you will be more present with your family as well.
You need to slow down to be abel to lisent to your inner voice, to be abel to create without bothering of the result. To create just for the pure bliss of creating. In our society very often we have learned to use the time wisely, to be effective and productive. We have learned that when we use time on something it should be payable. Forget all this. To create is not a waste of time, it's investing in your inner self. It's about coming into deeper connecting with who you are, and what is important for you. You might discover new aspects of yourself, feelings that you have been hiding for yourself and others. It's actually the best way to spend your time, because when you get realigned with your authensiticity, everything will fall into place.
I have experienced that the way I create, have a lot to do of how I'am living my day to day life.
When I'am fearless in my creative process, when I'am feeling free and enjoy myself, it will change how I'am feeling in my other activities throughout the day. I will be more present with my family, more observant of the moments, and the small things. I also experience that when I'am slowing down, my life is not falling apart. Actually my life improves, and everything falls into the right place.
If you are not abel to create, because you are visiting family and friends, have a little notebook in your bag. Now try to check in to your feelings at least two times a day.
Just sit for a moment and feel your body, observe your thoughts. Write everything down, no matter how stupid it is. This is also a very good exercise in being present. Just say to yourself it's okay to be here, it's okay to feel what I'am feeling. I don't have to do anything else than being me.
Have a very nice holiday :-)
Turtorials and tips
- Feb 13, 2018 How do you work with composition?
- Jan 8, 2018 Make a kickstart.
- Nov 20, 2017 Go bigger.
- Nov 8, 2017 What is your drawings all about?
- Oct 31, 2017 Wait!! Before you throw that drawing in the bin!!!!!
- Oct 24, 2017 Get 5 free tutorials, to help you in your drawing process
- Oct 12, 2017 Find inspiration everywhere.
- Oct 12, 2017 Experiment with shapes and lines.
- Oct 12, 2017 Want to find your own visual language ?
drawings from within
- Sep 6, 2017 Why I 'am writing this blog.
- Feb 2, 2018 How to stay in the process?
- Dec 20, 2017 Slow down
- Dec 12, 2017 There is no "right" way.
- Dec 5, 2017 Why it's important to unlearn.
- Oct 12, 2017 Let your feelings be your guide.
- Sep 5, 2017 Don't be afraid of change:-)
- Sep 5, 2017 Express your feelings
- Sep 5, 2017 Can drawing be a kind of meditation?