To draw is for me a kind of meditation, it’s a way to stay in deeper contact with my inner space. I don’t plan anything, I just start. Sometimes it can be kind of scary, the white paper, and the sense of loosing control. But I know the feeling, and know that the scary feeling will turn into a fantastic feeling of joy and freedom. I just have to keep on drawing, and something unknown an magical will happen.
When I meditate, I come into another state of mind, and it's the same for me when I'am in the creative flow. I totally forget time and place, and I'am deeply focused in the present moment, feeling at peace and excited at the same time.
The energy of the creative process:
I also experience that the work I create when I'am in the flow, are more unique and have a special feeling connected to it. These works tends to make me excited, mirroring the same feelings I had when I created it. Eventhough I was kind of miserable before I started to draw, the whole process of creating often lifts my energy. I don't know if it's true, but maybe it doesn't matter as much how an artwork looks like, but as important the energy that is attached to it.? The energy of the creative process. For me it makes sense, because when I do some drawings or other artworks while I'am totally disconnected from the process, they will never have the same attraction. They might look bright and have a beautiful design, but they will not ressonate with my feelings.
Very often the drawings made in the meditated state, is the drawings that I can’t really make sense of, when they are done. My rational mind can't make sense of them, but it doesn't matter because they makes me smile:-)
This summer I made a whole little collection of drawings. Here are two of them. Have a look:-)
Turtorials and tips
- Feb 13, 2018 How do you work with composition?
- Jan 8, 2018 Make a kickstart.
- Nov 20, 2017 Go bigger.
- Nov 8, 2017 What is your drawings all about?
- Oct 31, 2017 Wait!! Before you throw that drawing in the bin!!!!!
- Oct 24, 2017 Get 5 free tutorials, to help you in your drawing process
- Oct 12, 2017 Find inspiration everywhere.
- Oct 12, 2017 Experiment with shapes and lines.
- Oct 12, 2017 Want to find your own visual language ?
drawings from within
- Sep 6, 2017 Why I 'am writing this blog.
- Feb 2, 2018 How to stay in the process?
- Dec 20, 2017 Slow down
- Dec 12, 2017 There is no "right" way.
- Dec 5, 2017 Why it's important to unlearn.
- Oct 12, 2017 Let your feelings be your guide.
- Sep 5, 2017 Don't be afraid of change:-)
- Sep 5, 2017 Express your feelings
- Sep 5, 2017 Can drawing be a kind of meditation?