When I draw, it's important to be present in the process. I try not to think about the result, but flow with my inspiration, knowing that I can always change the drawing. I have learned that the "mistakes" gives me the possibility, of taking my drawing to a new and unexpected level. What is a mistake anyway? It's just something that doesn't fit into your perception of the "right" way. The "mistake" might be the thing that makes you try something else.
Ways to change your drawing:
- By cutting out a piece of paper, and cover the area that doesn't feel right. I really like the texture it brings to the drawing. Another option is to cover the area, with the white marker, or another color. In that way, you can see the history of the process.
- Sometimes the drawing just need some more space around it, and I cut it out, and place it on a bigger piece of paper. It's an endless process, but normally I don't work more than 1-2 hours, and it's done. For me it's about capturing the present moment.
Stay productive, if you are drawing every day, or as frequent as possible....you don't expect masterpieces every time. You will grow more courageous and more curious. When you are curious, you just say "hmm, this drawing might not be the best, but it's very interesting, and I can use some of it's elements in a new drawing".
When you experience that you always have an opportunity to change the drawing, you will be more relaxed and present while creating. Another gift by being in the process is the surprising result. I love to get knocked out be my own creations:-) "This is really different, but I really like this! it's strange, and a little funny, what could this be about"?
Turtorials and tips
- Feb 13, 2018 How do you work with composition?
- Jan 8, 2018 Make a kickstart.
- Nov 20, 2017 Go bigger.
- Nov 8, 2017 What is your drawings all about?
- Oct 31, 2017 Wait!! Before you throw that drawing in the bin!!!!!
- Oct 24, 2017 Get 5 free tutorials, to help you in your drawing process
- Oct 12, 2017 Find inspiration everywhere.
- Oct 12, 2017 Experiment with shapes and lines.
- Oct 12, 2017 Want to find your own visual language ?
drawings from within
- Sep 6, 2017 Why I 'am writing this blog.
- Feb 10, 2019 Why are we so hard on ourselves?
- Feb 1, 2019 It's okay to say NO.
- Jan 2, 2019 Let yourself shine in 2019 :-)
- Nov 22, 2018 Look at your obstacles as adventures.
- Feb 2, 2018 How to stay in the process?
- Dec 20, 2017 Slow down
- Dec 12, 2017 There is no "right" way.
- Dec 5, 2017 Why it's important to unlearn.
- Oct 12, 2017 Let your feelings be your guide.
- Sep 5, 2017 Don't be afraid of change:-)
- Sep 5, 2017 Express your feelings
- Sep 5, 2017 Can drawing be a kind of meditation?