Happy new year!!
I always like to start the new year, reflecting on how satisfied I'am with my life. What I like to change, and how I can do it. This year I came to one single thought. I just want to be me. I want to keep things simple, not starting up new projects without checking in on how I feel about it. I want to have time to go all in on what I really appreciate. And what I really appreciate, is to create. But as you know, creating takes time. You need to spend time, to really commit to your creative process. Since you are reading this, I assume you also want to express yourself. Creating from a true authentic place.
So why not start the new year by really committing to your creativity? What about making a kickstart?
If you really want to commit to your creative process, you have to set aside some time in your schedule. I will recommend you to start the new year with a dayly routine.
1 drawing pr. day, for 1 month. Use 30 minutes or better 1 hour pr. day. Do this to make a kick start.
You will see that it really makes a difference. You will end the month with a pile of drawings. I guess you will be quite hooked on these creative moments, where you can connect with your self. Try to make it fun, let go of the result. If you have a very busy calendar, make it down to 20 minutes. You can ask me "But why forcing myself to draw everyday, even when I'am totally stressed and just don't feel like being creative?" I say "just try to make room for this activity for 20 -60 minutes pr. day, and see what happens". Just make small doodles on a little paper in the train, or even in front of the television. But commit to do it everyday, and make a new and rewarding habit for yourself.
I'am excited to hear from you, how you are doing?? If some of you are situated in the area of Copenhagen, I can recommend to sign up for my course. "Find your own visual language" The courses are ongoing 11 mondays. Time is 8.45 -12.15 am. Hope to see you around.
Turtorials and tips
- Feb 13, 2018 How do you work with composition?
- Jan 8, 2018 Make a kickstart.
- Nov 20, 2017 Go bigger.
- Nov 8, 2017 What is your drawings all about?
- Oct 31, 2017 Wait!! Before you throw that drawing in the bin!!!!!
- Oct 24, 2017 Get 5 free tutorials, to help you in your drawing process
- Oct 12, 2017 Find inspiration everywhere.
- Oct 12, 2017 Experiment with shapes and lines.
- Oct 12, 2017 Want to find your own visual language ?
drawings from within
- Sep 6, 2017 Why I 'am writing this blog.
- Feb 2, 2018 How to stay in the process?
- Dec 20, 2017 Slow down
- Dec 12, 2017 There is no "right" way.
- Dec 5, 2017 Why it's important to unlearn.
- Oct 12, 2017 Let your feelings be your guide.
- Sep 5, 2017 Don't be afraid of change:-)
- Sep 5, 2017 Express your feelings
- Sep 5, 2017 Can drawing be a kind of meditation?